7.29.2011

laura makabresku






I just stumbled upon artist Laura Makabresku's insane photographs.  While I don't know much about her, I feel as though I do through her photos — it is evident (via her lens and in my humble opinion) that she is a story teller, an observer, and fearless in exploring the more obscure sides of humanity.  Both chilling and graceful, her photographs are spilling with honesty.  I am particularly drawn to the 2nd image, FAIRY TALE ABOUT A GIRL WHO FOUND A DEAD ANIMAL IN THE FORST AND SHARED IT WITH HER WARMTH, because it's so scary and primal and beautiful.  While our connections with animals are undeniable (though varied in significance), something about witnessing either the birth of the death of an animal strikes a chord with me, and connects us all (shall I get extra sappy and reference the "the circle of life?" yeah, I did).  I don't see the day when I'll be cuddling a fox, but how amazing that this unity is captured?  Anyway, on to the pictures of the living-- how beautiful, right?  Have you ever seen such killer red hair!

You can buy some of her prints here, and check out more of her work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...