5.17.2011

runaway












































This just made me laugh out loud, a good ol' fashioned "belly laugh" (something about this expression makes me a little uneasy but you know what I mean).  but ah, did it feel ahhhhhmazing slash completely necessary.
 
did you ever runaway?
 
I did once. I was about oh, 5, and I was so upset with my parents (of course I have absolutly no idea why), but so much so that I couldn't bare to let them love me, feed me and put a roof over my head any longer.  So I stormed outside, with a suitcase stuffed with clothes and my favorite panda bear, holding a sign that read "AFRICA."  Probably more like AFRECKEA.  I sat there at the end of my driveway, which was actually a decent distance from my house (so yeah, safe), and my juvinile misery promptly came to an end when my "favorite uncle Chris" pulled over to pick me up and take me to the mall.  So dramatic.  But may I mention that these details were actually an accurate foreshadow of how I, me-my life, would play out.....ie. a suitcase full of clothes, a completely emotional, sensitive (+ a little over the top) demeanor, and a beautiful lifelong relationship with my uncle Chris.
 
And hey, Mom + Dad, something tells me that you were at the window watching over me the whole time (thank you).
 
please, please, please, share your wonderfully melodramatic runaway stories! i'd love to hear! 

{image via pinterest}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...