3.03.2011

details




















I can feel the motivation bubbling—a decorative storm (or mini shower) is about to occur in my apartment.  Since I’ve been at my current place (c. Nov. 1st), I’ve added the basics, splashed my walls with some color (albeit on completely random painting sprees) and have well, lived in this space for long enough now where I am able to see what works and what doesn’t.  I would like more art and texture in my bedroom, for my living room to be more cohesive (the beauty and downfall of living with a roommate= double the style, double the “things”) and would love to keep working on the little details that make a home special.  I think time is really the key to the latter (now can I stay put in one apartment for more than more than one lease cycle?)…and I suppose time has also been the underpinning of my decorating resting period.  But I feel a revelation coming on, and my, does it feel good.  Of course this revelation will probably start with a throw pillow….but hey, you’ve got to start somewhere, right?

(I’m having a maj-hor obsession with these beauties above. Where can I find this art? Who is the cool occupant of this space and how do I get to know him/her? And while I’m at it, is artist Xavier Veilhan single? I'm as sucker for anything Calder-esque)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...