3.23.2011

National Starlett

via
Like the rest of the world, I was really saddened when hearing that Elizabeth Taylor passed away yesterday.  One of my first memories as a child is when my grandmother and I use to watch National Velvet, and how she always said it was her favorite movie.  Because of Velvet Brown, Elizabeth's brave and spirited character, I understood why my grandmother, with such similar traits, always considered this film to be such a wonderful influence for her young granddaughter.  At such a breezy, young age, I just thought Elizabeth Taylor was pretty but wish my grandmother would instead just put on Sleeping Beauty.  Sweet little memories aside, Ms. Taylor was unquestionably an original Hollywood starlet to be remembered.....and sadly, one of the last ones....but life goes on, and so do memories, and so does the influence of the then young actress in National Velvet, who bettered my life, and whose sparkle will never fade. 
via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...