3.25.2011

a thousand years between
















































































































































I came upon these perfectly whimsical and romantic photographs earlier today.  This is the song that popped into my head and is still playing like a pleasantly broken record.  These photographs, though they do not depict moments of my own life, incite my own precious memories that have found a home in my heart….the kind of memories that flood my conscious and simulate the way your stomach feels when you’re on a rollercoaster and you make a deep drop (but then again, I like rollercoasters).  The kind of memories that you recall as being utopian moments.  Sweet summer nights spent with friends on the beach, afternoons on your back porch talking with your sister, the scent of climbing roses and morning glories sifting in the humidity, a gathering of all of your friends and your family (the kind of marriage that only happens every year or so for weddings or graduation parties)—those days that are filled with so much love you feel like your heart could explode, or an afternoon by yourself, say laying on a hammock, when you feel like you’ve got all of the answers in that quiet moment.

No regrets, no dwelling, just sweet moments of times and places that you once were— a collection of memories you’re proud of, a collection of people you shared delicious meals with and given part of yourself to (and to them, you).  Ya know what I mean?  These pictures do it for me.  And my, what a wonderful way to transition into the weekend-- here's to making more.




Thinking how it used to be,
Does she still remember times like these?
To think of us again?
And I do.
- led zeppelin



3 comments:

  1. This post gave my chills & the biggest smile on my face. Tangerine is definitely one of those all encompassing songs, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear: my favorite blog reader! thank you for your sweet, thoughtful comments. they do mean a lot to me, especially coming from you. xoK

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Measuring a summer's day,
    I only find it slips away to grey"

    so, so, so good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...