2.17.2011

(almost) spring cleaning

Hi friends!  If you’ve been keepin’ an eye on my blog this week (thanks, by the way!) you’ve probably noticed some schizophrenic action. You must know, I’m still familiarizing myself with the blogsophere and how you can make one thing look like this and make another go here.  I’ve been playing with some new looks, some new logos, and some sweet ways to update the general aesthetic of my blog.  So consider this post a result of my lack of web/digital knowledge, in lieu of a much cuter “be back soon!” graphic that I would have liked to sling over my “House of Happy” header. Ok, now I’m confusing myself.  Clearly, I don’t speak web.

Being the obnoxious perfectionist that I am when it comes to “presentation” (like really, no sarcasm here), I’m actually very pleased with myself that I hadn’t spent to much time worrying about making my blog look completely cohesive and user-friendly (and for this, my friendly blog users, I am sorry : ) Instead, I was able to focus on getting some what I hope is solid content together first.  It’s felt really good.  But perhaps it’s because this week has been a little sunnier—a complete and literal shock to my system—the words haven’t been pouring onto paper as they usually might.  A little vacation for the mind. Another upside to this is that I’ve began (and am almost finished) my spring cleaning of House of Happy.  Whatcha think?  Sometimes we need a little change to wake us up. 

In general, I’ve been finding myself taking the initiative more often to add little changes into my routine.  It’s been absolutely and positively beneficial, as these little shifts are allowing my overworked brain to lighten the freak up.  Like my personal journal, I tend to write more when I am feeling down, lost, anxious or helpless (I don’t think it’d make a very happy book!).  And by no means does a happy mood equate to less writing, but in my case, it lets some much needed balance surface.  Without sounding too intense, I am an intense (ha!) person by nature, so ergo I’m constantly seeking balance (less thinking, more living).

I also feel like it’s appropriate to acknowledge the unintentional irony that the title of my blog might have when I start rambling about the deep shit.  To me, House of Happy has been a home to a plethora of feelings and ideas, not just the happy ones.  Because really, all happy all of the time is well…..boring, and unnatural.  But you guys, so many of whom are my friends and are each wise in your own right, already know that.

Somehow this “quick” note about the aesthetic changes to my blog has taken me someone where else COMPLETELY (ya fallowing my stream of conscious?).  So I’d like to end with some of my favorite words from one of my favorite woman (talk about a beautiful soul)…..

“I don’t like to think too deeply.  Someone else can do that for me, and I’ll read about it later.”

Thank you, Donna. I’ll keep tellin’ myself that : ) As for you guys, please keep coming around.  I really appreciate it and love your support. Enjoy the sunshine !


via

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...