1.12.2011

daydream believer

Ok, ok, I promise to lay off of Paris (and all things Europe)….at least until next week…..but as I sit here in my 14th floor office, staring out at the snow which once signified a magical day of play, I’ve come to realize that my mind has literally begun its teleportation to another country.  It’s 2 steps behind my europe-surfing boyfriend, and just came in for a landing in the city of lights!!  And this is where I’ll stay until the snow melts (I say this from a strictly urban perspective.  I hear it’s quite beautiful in Connecticut!), or I have another stamp on my passport.  What to do about this malignant case of wanderlust? What to do?  In the meantime, I'll slowly stroll down memory lane by looking at these pictures from my first trip to Paris in September of 2009. 
Oh! Writing this just reminded me of one of my favorite quotes in the whole wide world.  I must preface this with  acknowledging my eternal interest in the Kennedys. Two distinct memories pop into my mind when I think about the birth of this borderline obsession. One, was when my grandmother bought me a paper doll book of the Kennedys (naturally, I loved everything Jackie wore and always tried to fit her paper Chanel gowns on Caroline, a size and age I could relate to more). The second is when I came upon the following quote sometime in early middle school when researching that somber day in ’63.  This quote is completely unrelated to his death (I was easily side tracked back then, too)....but here goes: “I am the man who accompanied Jacqueline Kennedy to Paris, and I have enjoyed it.” I was in love (with Jack, of course).  And then I fell in love again last September. This special city and this special family have always been connected for me.  






















































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...