1.09.2011

darlin' be home soon

This song makes me feel all kinds of happy. I still remember the first time I listened to it with my Dad (my music guru) and I kept asking him why he'd kept it a secret from me for so long!  I remember the 6-hr road trip I spent driving alone (and lost) through the beautiful stretches of land in Pennsylvania, listening to this song on repeat and experienced one of those moments when I felt so darned alive-- like I had one more thing figured out than when I first woke up that spring morning.  This totally amazing and amazingly underrated (or is that just my generation?) band also put words to a feeling I'd so long tried to sum up.  Finding the kind of love that made you feel "in bloom." And ah yes, I will always fondly remember when my dad's band decided to whip this number out one night at one of their gigs.  I distinctly remember how my dad looked, his face aglow and his smile alive.  His smile really does something to you (in a nut shell, his ever easy-going nature is widely contagious), and I hope this songs does something for you, too.  For the already familiar ol' fans, enjoy.




and now, a quarter of my life has almost passed, I think I've come to see my self at last.  
the the time that i spent confused, was the time that i spent without you. and i feel myself in bloom. -thelovinspoonful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...