1.24.2011

catchin' the cold

Good morning! Even after a (wonderful) weekend full of friends, sleep and the end of my birthday festivities, is it me or was it super hard getting out of bed this morning?  Maybe because it was a whopping 6 degrees when I checked the weather this morning (translation, it feels like -8) or perhaps because the comfort of warm sheets and drawn curtains sounds so much nicer than pavement and subways.  Even this winter-born baby is having a hard time with these piercing temperatures! Deep sigh.  Thank goodness Mother Nature threw me a bone this morning when I came upon these A M A Z I N G photographs of Antarctic icebergs.  Somehow I missed the memo about discovery of these beautiful icebergs, first spotted by Norwegian sailor Oyvind Tangen almost three years ago.  Now this is a package I can take the cold in…..from a distance, of course….and in an artistic form. Phenomenal.  Breathtaking.  Sublime.  This, I get.  The relentless monster outside my front door….well, that friendship might take a while.  





















































































images gathered  here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...